EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
NORTHFIELD UNION OF YOUTH
Serving Northfield since 1993, the Northfield Union of Youth (NUY) runs The Key, the nation’s longest-running, youth-run youth center. The mission of the NUY is â€œto provide POWER and VOICE to area youth and create a caring communityâ€. As an organization for youth and by youth, the NUY is committed to ensuring that all ideas for programs, projects and events are generated by the youth.
NUY consists of two boards, the Youth Board (Advisory Board) and the Adult Board (Board of Directors). The Youth Board meets weekly to plan programs, events, and general operations of The Key. The Adult Board meets monthly to help monitor the budget, approve major expenses, provide oversight, and assist with strategic direction.
The NUY seeks an Executive Director responsible for administrative oversight and daily operations of the NUY.
- Create an annual budget for presentation and approval to Youth and Adult Boards.
- Work with the bookkeeper to create and maintain a record keeping-system for all income and expenses to be included in a monthly report shared with the Youth and Adult Boards.
- Ensure the timely payment of bills and payroll.
- Actively pursue new grant opportunities and write grant proposals.
- Write and submit required grant reports.
- Maintain positive relationships with existing funders and coordinate site visits when requested.
- Develop a fundraising plan and goals to ensure operational and financial obligations are met.
- Lead implementation of fundraising plan.
- Supervise all NUY staff and volunteers.
- Create job descriptions and a staffing plan/schedule that ensures adequate coverage during all operating hours of The Key.
- Oversee hiring, training and evaluation of all staff.
- Create a positive and safe environment for youth that encourages and empowers youth to take initiative and pursue leadership opportunities at The Key and in the larger Northfield community.
- Create and facilitate a menu of opportunities and programming where youth can explore new interest areas and service to their community, as well as gain leadership roles.
- Explore and pursue opportunities for community partnerships and collaborations to enhance and promote the reputation and visibility of The Key.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with partnering organizations (e.g. Northfield Police, Key neighbors, local schools, etc.), including regular visits/check inâ€™s.
- Maintain both interior and exterior building and grounds.
- Support relationship development between Adult and Youth Boards.
- Respond to all communications in a timely manner.
- Lead the development and implementation of a communications plan.
- Meet with Youth Board weekly; meet with joint Youth and Adult Board monthly.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in a related field; Masterâ€™s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in the field of youth development.
- Minimum of three years experience in organization leadership and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in grant writing, grant reporting and fundraising.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references to: the NUY Boards at email@example.com.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. NUY is seeking candidates who are ideally able to begin work by November 15, 2015.