Northfield Union of Youth
@ The Key
The Northfield Union of Youth/The Key is a nonprofit organization- for youth and by youth. All ideas for programs, projects and events are all generated by the youth. The mission of the Northfield Union of Youth is to provide power and voice to area youth and create a caring community. This is a unique organization where youth plan programs/events and govern, while caring adults involved in the organization listen and help guide.
Position Title: Executive Director
* Organization administration: responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Northfield Union of Youth and the organizationâ€™s youth center, the Key.
* Program administration: assist staff and youth with existing and developing new after school programs; duties include recruiting volunteers, meeting with program leaders, and designing and tracking program budgets.
* Tracking and reporting information on activities, finances, program progress and attendance to grantors and key staff.
* Manage staff: train, schedule, delegate and monitor all staff and their responsibilities.
* Write grants and help lead fundraising efforts
* Assist youth in developing strategic plans and implementations according to youth board governance and mission of the organization.
* Community liaison: develop and maintain relationships with new and existing community partners to develop positive, supportive and mutually beneficial connections and activities.
* Experience with youth ages 12-19.
* 2-3 years of relevant non-profit experience.
* Associates or Bachelors Degree
* Excellent communication skills, able to speak and write well.
* Highly organized, able to schedule appointments and manage office in chaotic atmosphere.
* Knowledge of Northfield community
* Fundraising and grant writing experience a plus
Salary: Mid $30,000’s range
Please send cover letter and resume to:
The Northfield Union of Youth
Attn: Hiring Committee
PO Box 481
Northfield, MN 55057