Looking for New Staff!
The Northfield Union of Youth is hiring a new Youth Center Staff member AND a new Housing Coordinator! If you have interest in supporting young people, empowering them to create positive change in their community, and having fun – please see the listings below and send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Northfield Union of Youth (NUY) is a youth services 501(c)(3) non-profit with a mission to give power and voice to area youth and to create a caring and enriching community. Youth, employees, volunteers, board members, and adults work creatively and collaboratively together to meet this mission. Employment with NUY is viewed through the lens of NUY’s mission and can present continuous and evolving duties and tasks. However, the mission and the work to build developmental relationships and opportunities with youth does not change. NUY’s work is based on a trauma-informed, harm-reduction, and positive youth development model. Uniquely, NUY is run by a youth board and an adult board. Youth elect and appoint both youth and adults to their respective boards. Day to day programming is created, led, and implemented entirely by youth. Organizational policies and procedures are agreed on jointly by both the youth and adult boards.
The position of Youth Advocate – Community Housing Coordinator includes the following responsibilities:
Host Home Support:
In collaboration with NUY’s youth and adult leadership, help support, grow, and manage NUY’s Wallflower Program. This host home program is designed to provide safe and caring homes for homeless youth to spend the night when home is not an option. Position responsibilities include
- Recruitment of host homes throughout the community through presentations, community conversations, and creation of marketing materials.
- Developing collaborations with other organizations, providing interagency support.
- Host family support before, during,and after hosting.
- Organization and leading host home training alongside community contracted subject matter experts.
- Acting as NUY’s point person on all housing related services.
Provide a relational caring adult presence throughout the Northfield community. This includes at The Key Youth Center, in Northfield Schools, with other organizations, and in other environments. Position responsibilities include
- Providing informal and formal social and emotional support for youth, creating and fostering developmental relationships based on trauma informed and harm reduction strategies.
- Providing youth-centric support services on a self-referral basis for youth
- Includes relational referrals to academic support, workforce development, housing, food, healthcare, etc.
- Includes building and developing collaborative relationships with other youth services organizations and programs, including the Northfield Schools.
- Collaboratively building a community support system to ensure all young people have equitable access to services and safe housing.
- Representing NUY at appropriate community meetings.
Position responsibilities include
- Communicating and strategically planning with the Executive Director on a regular basis, including administrative tasks and duties as assigned by the Executive Director to assist the organization.
- Communicating and strategically planning with youth board members and youth participants on a regular basis.
- Remaining up to date on best practices, including continued professional development.
- Assisting with other responsibilities and tasks as they develop.
- Experience in outreach and relationship building with youth of various demographics
- Knowledge of community development and sales
- Ability to work under stress and respond to emergencies/crisis situations
- Knowledge of homelessness, youth mental health issues, and substance use disorders
- Able to work independently on assigned projects and also collaboratively as part of a team
- Flexibility in work hours to meet the needs of the organization and the youth
- Communicate effectively with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds
- Ability to pass all required background checks
NUY firmly believes in finding the right person who can engage and build relationships with youth, while fulfilling necessary organizational requirements. The position is designed to be 1.0 FTE. Compensation will range from $40,000-$45,000/year plus benefits, based on experience and qualifications. NUY offers flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities, and a chance to creatively build and implement new programs.
Youth Center Staff responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a caring adult presence at The Key youth center on a schedule assigned by the Youth Board and Executive Director
- Responsibilities include providing social and emotional support for at-risk youth, creating and fostering developmental relationships with youth, empowering and supporting youth leadership, and other responsibilities as they arise
- Tasks include supervising the youth center, tracking attendance, tracking programs, cleaning, and other tasks as they arise
- Upon approval and review with the Executive Director, provide youth-centric support on an “as-needed” basis based on unpredictable and unforeseeable circumstances in youth’s lives
- Includes check-ins and follow ups with youth throughout the week both within and outside The Key
- Communicate and strategically plan with Youth Board members and youth participants on a regular basis
- Communicate and strategically plan with Executive Director on a regular basis
- Other responsibilities and tasks as they develop
- Experience doing outreach and relationship building with youth of various demographics.
- Ability to work under stress and respond to emergencies/crisis.
- Flexibility in work hours to meet the needs of the organization and the youth.
- Ability to pass all required background checks.
NUY firmly believes in finding the right person who can engage and build relationships with youth, while fulfilling necessary organizational requirements. The position is designed to be 1.0 FTE. Compensation will range from $16.50-$18.00/hr plus benefits, based on experience and qualifications. NUY offers flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities, and a chance to creatively build and implement new programs.
NUY is an equal opportunity organization. NUY believes that the most efficient and effective workplaces employ employees with diverse backgrounds. We strive to create a work environment where all employees and individuals, regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, public assistance status or veteran status, can succeed and make an impact in the community.
Application and Hiring Process:
- NUY will be interviewing on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries and questions can be sent to this same e-mail address.